Friday 15 May 2015

Hands of work






I've been ecstatic with what I have been learning. I feel alive and promising to have the opportunity to learn a little bit of everything in this farming life. The days are made of ups and downs and many have been the misfortunes in recent years, that handling with the most problematic issues is not new nor a transcendent difficulty for me. There is always something to grab and to move on. Even if it is a bunch of logs to cut and to pack the wood shed to keep us warm in the winter. And grab the chainsaw, with some shyness at first and with greater skill with the continuity. How good it feels to do this job. Gradually see the pile of trunks descend and the shed be filled with wood to heat our body and soul on the cold days to come. But the same hands that are filled with sawdust and calluses are also cherished by the heart to do delicate things. When inspiration comes, join fabrics, lace, glue, pens and create a small work of art to offer to a friend. Work of art for me of course, that I'm always renewed in the knowledge that any hand work gives a lot of satisfaction when done with love and surrender.

No comments :

Post a Comment