Tuesday 19 May 2015

What is this?


This, my friends, is poop. Oh yeah. Cow and sheep poop, pressed and shaped in these small cylinders that make it manageable.



Gone are the days when we were going directly to the corral to seek the animal manure to fertilize the land. Everything is so modern today. But believe me, the smell is there, it's the same from the old days :). Curious, I must be the only person in the world, at least the only I know who says that does not dislike this smell. Ok, it's not the fragrance I would choose before leaving to work in the morning - help!. But this is a smell that reminds me of the good moments of childhood. Those in which the responsabilities were little and I watched it all as an attentive spectator.



The colors and smells and sensations come to me and stay in my memory when I stick my hand into the bag to remove these little poops that will do wonders on earth and plants that we put there. It's so nice to walk through the open gullies ready to receive the sprouts, french garlic, etc.



It´s time to raise my smile, enjoy the fresh air and be ecstatic on how much you can cultivate in a vegetable garden. So bless us the sky with rain in the right proportions, we will have a great garden. Our dependence on water decreases now, since we have a good farmer neighboor and this renews our hope in the possibilities of land production.



All this is made to the sound of birds that fly through in their lives, accompanying us to the sound of chain saws that cut down trees for firewood in the winter, to the walking faster sunlight and to the spirit that markes our pace. 






No comments :

Post a Comment