Saturday 31 May 2014

Birthday and presents


It was in February that my son turned 8 and it was on that day that I also received some presents! Like this pink bougainvillea, gorgeous.


And this little gardening shovel.


I think it was lovely to be spoiled this way on a day dedicated to my son.


But as life is not so pinky like that plant I was not feeling so good on that day for several reasons. And so I went outside to the middle of nature and picked some wildflowers to put in a jar that I once decorated. This way I surrounded myself with color. Bliss.


Sun rays were a little shy in this harsh winter but even though they touched everything with their life. Myself included.


And life happens outside. Wise and caring hands take care of the land and the plants and I watch, enchanted.


I believe that within a year everything is over grown and developed, with color and joy to give.


Even the apple tree, so small, maybe born from some seed brought by a passing birdie was unearthed in the woods and released to the hope of the open air, the sun and the rain, according to nature's will. And with the apple tree we have hope and renewal.


We receive the dusk sun rays with our arms wide open in gratitude. Oh it is so good trying to guess which are the birdies that are singing on the trees turning our ears according to the sound. I admit that I'm not trained in the art of recognizing all the birds, but I'll get there I'm sure. To prove it I could see by myself  a blackbird on a branch swinging in the wind and singing a beautiful melody so glad to have company near him.


There was water everywhere by this time, begining of March. The earth was soaked and we could hear the water running through the brooks and stones and also could hear the frogs croaking in an almost deafening noise in the silence of the dusk. Water, so much water around us this winter.


We enjoyed it all. And give thanks in everything because all that nature gives us is for us to take part in it. We let the land rest and produce its fruit in silence and wisdom. And also let the tools rest and rest our bodies between patchwork quilts, tea and cookies. Not everything is pinky it's true, but with the inner strength that defines us, it is possible to give color to everything we do.
And thank you to those who remember to congratulate the mothers for giving birth to the fruit of the celebrated birthday.

2 comments :

  1. Ana., que lindo ,mais uma vez teu post! Belas fotos, um encanto aos olhos! Adorei e que bom que gostaste ! beijos,lindo domingo! chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chica, por aqui, no meu blog inglês? Realmente a Chica não perde uma, eh eh. Obrigada pela presença sempre constante. Beijo.

    ReplyDelete